6 TB ground flax
2 cups milk
2 TB hazelnuts, ground
1 banana mashed
1 TB honey
juice from one orange
1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
● Bring the milk to a boil then stir in the flax.
● Boil for 30 seconds, remove from heat then pour into a bowl and let cool. This mixture will have the consistency of pudding.
● Add the ground nuts, banana, honey and orange juice.
● Whisk vigorously or blend on lowest speed in a blender.
● Fold in the apple and serve in glass bowls or parfait glasses.
● When served as a dessert, top with whipping cream and strawberries or kiwis. Everyone will enjoy this heavenly concoction.
● Or, you can add finely chopped dried and soaked fruits; dates, raisins, prunes or pinapples to the pudding.
Source: Fantastic Flax, Alive Books, Vancouver, BC, Canada